The past simple and the past participle of lead
Conjugation of the verb lead:
Base Form/Infinitive without ‘to’:
Third Person Singular:
1. To be in control of a group of people or a situation.
2. To be winning.
3. To guide or show the way.
1. He is the right person to lead the investigation.
2. We were happy because our team was leading by three goals.
3. I had to go to the toilet, so that lovely girl took me by the hand and led me to the ladies room.
As I was ill, he opened the door for me and led me inside.
The irregular verbs in the table below have the same pattern as lead. They are:
– Verbs with the same past simple and pa